Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Birthday Time





It's still so weird to me that we live in Louisville, KY. But I'm really starting to love this place and all the wonderful friends we've met. We lost power for several days, and we stayed over at The Smith's house. They were so gracious to let us stay with them! It was really quite fun, but it was nice to get power back so I could work on the magazine and send it to press!

Last week, Andrew and I went out and bought a new couch and loveseat....finally. I had the hardest time picking out something that I liked. I've been so indecisive (a problem I struggle with all the time) but finally found a set I was happy with. I'm glad Andrew convinced me to go ahead and buy them. After lots of struggling and lots of stopping, Andrew and I managed to get the loveseat up the stairs and into our condo, but there was no way I could get the couch. My guns just aren't quite big enough! But our friend Tom, one of the pastors at Fellowship, came and helped us. He and Andrew had the couch upstairs in like a minute!!

Last night, we had a birthday celebration for Andrew and our friend Ashley. It was lots of fun. I really enjoyed getting to hang out with some friends! And it was a good excuse to cook. I just really like to be in the kitchen and wish I had more time for it.

I went up to the seminary today to go to a chapel service with Andrew. I love being able to do that. I hope that I can continue to go to more of them in the future. I'm staying busy with my Seminary Wives classes, my Philippians Bible study through church and my discipleship group. I know these next few years are really going to be a great time of growth for both me and Andrew. Andrew's workload is quite a bit more intense than mine, but I feel very blessed to have all these opportunities to study God's Word and learn more about his awesome wonder!

It's hard to believe it's almost October! I love the fall. I love love love being able to wear sweatshirts and jeans and sip on hot chocolate, and of course, watch football. Andrew and I have a trip to Oklahoma planned during his fall break. I'm really looking forward to seeing all my grandparents and extended family. It is long overdue trip! It will be a great time. In the meantime, we'll just stay busy with studies and work!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Yay...for Kolbster!!!!!!

You got furniture...woohoo!! I love it. We can we come sleep on it?

Kolby said...

Yes you're welcome to come anytime!! We have a guest bed too! So you and Derek could have the bed and we'll put Ems on the couch. Timothy is so small he could go about anywhere. How are yall doing?

Anonymous said...

Love the new furniture! It looks great~ I should be closer.. I would've convinced you a month ago! LOL! Miss you guys SO much! Love you, Julie

Ginny said...

Hey Kolby! I LOVE the furniture! It's gorgeous and makes that living room look amazing! You guys have done an awesome job with your adorable condo. I'm so jealous! :)

It warms my heart to see you with so many great friends around. I love that you all are plugging in and having good times with friends.

I can't WAIT to see you in just a few short weeks!!! Thank you again from the bottom of my heart for hosting my shower. I am really looking forward to it!

Love you dear friend!