We have really been enjoying the wonderful friends that God has placed in our lives. We've had lots of get-togethers and baby showers to go to. It seems that so many couples in our church are pregnant. For Easter Sunday, we had 30 people over for lunch. I couldn't believe everyone fit in our condo, but somehow it worked.
Andrew has been enjoying working at Chick-fil-a, and the Lord is really using Andrew here. He has been able to reach out to several of his co-workers. It is truly amazing to see how the Lord is working.
Andrew finished up his first year of seminary last Thursday...woohoo!!! He's been studying and reading non-stop. Even though he's finished with school, I still see him with a book in his hand. He's happily admitted that he is an official "geek." :) The Friday after he finished his finals, we took a quick get-away to Cincinnati. We were taking our friend Andy to the airport anyway, so we thought we would make a day of it. We went to the IKEA store, which I loved. This place was huge. I had so much fun browsing around. Andrew, of course, found a comfy couch and read. We were able to catch a Reds vs. Cardinals game as well. It was fun. We had to come back early Saturday morning for him to go to work and I had a baby shower to attend.
We're heading to Memphis this weekend for the annual BBQ fest. We've had to miss it the past two years, so we are super excited about delicious ribs and pulled pork sandwiches. My mouth is watering!!! We also found out that our dear friends from Murfreesboro, Kevin and Virginia, will be moving to Louisville in just a few weeks. What fun to have them here!! Virginia is the one who initially brought me to Fellowship in Murfreesboro. She came into my life at just the right time.
Andrew is planning on taking some classes this summer, and we'll both just continue working. I have a wedding to attend in July. My best friend since 3rd grade is getting married out in Colorado. Unfortunatley Andrew can't attend, but I know I'll have a good time.
Well I guess that's about it. I'll try not to wait too long before the next post!

4 comments:
Yayyy!
Ohh now my mouth is watering for some BBQ! One of these days I need to go to Memphis in May! Maybe next year I could tie that together with a trip to Louisville also :)
so good to hear an update from you guys!!!!...you might see Grant and Liz this weekend in Memphis. they go every year. i think Grant is a judge. miss you guys tons!!!!
Thanks for the shout-out Kolby!!! :) We are beyond thrilled to come to Louisville and are so blessed to have dear old friends there waiting for us! We can't wait to be part of Fellowship... what a blessing! I'm moving June 4th and Kevin's coming in with the truck on the 7th. FUN! Can't wait to see you all!
I'm so glad Andrew finished his first year of seminary! What an accomplishment! And I'm glad he's liking his job. That's great.
You all are amazing to host that many people for Easter, I bet it was so fun. I can't wait to become friends with some of your all's friends!
And Cincy, what a fun city! How did you like your first Derby in the Ville? It's pretty crazy huh! Did you go to Thunder? It's such a fun time of year. Well, have fun at the BBQ festival, and I'll see you in June!!!
Josh...seeing you on Kev and Ginny's page made me miss you a ton! I hope you all will be coming back this way soon. By the way....Caleb is rocking the florida passy!
Post a Comment