I made a trip to Oklahoma in early October for a cousin's wedding. It was a great time with family. I treasure the sweet times with my grandparents and cousins! We celebrated lots of friends' birthdays throughout the month. My parents made a trip to Louisville the end of October. I was able to take my mom to an event at the school where I teach, and we made my parents watch a Gators game with us and the Tillmans.
I went on a women's retreat with our church the first weekend in November. We stayed at a wonderful cabin in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area. It was a fun get-away with lots of great spiritual conversations.
For Thanksgiving, it was back down to Florida. We spent Thanksgiving with Andrew's family in Orlando. It had been a couple years since we were down there. Great food and great times! I was able to catch up with my dear friend Jensey and her husband Nate while we were down there. And we just couldn't go to Florida without going to a football game. :) Andrew and I were able to go to the Florida/Florida State game for Tim Tebow's last game at the Swamp. It was so much fun!
Then December came and things didn't slow down a bit. Our small group enjoyed Christmas dinner on December 3. We had wonderful food and fellowship. Our church Christmas party was the following week. My school wrapped up with a Christmas party on the 17. Then Andrew and I headed to Memphis to see my family. The highlight of the trip was meeting my new little nephew who was born Dec. 11. He is PRECIOUS! I got to spend hours holding him and loving on him. I also enjoyed seeing my other nephew Wilson. He's at such a fun age and was really into everything. My niece Emmye is growing up too fast!
On Christmas Eve, we drove to Atlanta to spend time with Andrew's family. We had a nice, relaxing time there. We enjoyed Christmas Eve service at their church. On Christmas day, we had the opportunity to serve dinner at a homeless shelter. Then it was back to Louisville.
Andrew and I celebrated three years of marriage on Dec. 30! Man, time flies. We went to an '80's themed New Year's Eve party at a friend's house. It was rad! We watched Florida win the Sugar Bowl. I started school up again on January 5. We just had our first big snow of the season. The ground is covered. It's so pretty to look at, but I really don't enjoy driving in it. Well I think that about covers it. There's lots of pictures below.
Thanksgiving in Florida


No comments:
Post a Comment