Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lake Getaway!

Andrew and I were able to enjoy a very relaxing get-away this past week at my boss's cabin on Tim's Ford Lake! On our way down, we stopped in Murfreesboro and caught up with old friends. We got to meet our friend's new baby girl Stella. She is so precious! We also ate at Andrew's favorite Murfreesboro restaurant, Camino Real, and caught up with several of our former youth students. Every time I'm around them, it just reminds me that I'm getting old. Some of them are preparing to go off to college and others are going to be seniors this year. Where does the time go??

We really enjoyed our few days at the lake, away from the internet and distractions of everyday. It was sooo hot outside so we spent a lot of time inside reading, playing cards, working on a puzzle and just being lazy. We were very grateful that my boss let us stay here for a few days! We did make a day trip to Chattanooga and met up with Andrew's mom, sister and brother. It had been a while since we had been together, so it was great to see them.

On our way back to Louisville, we stopped again in Murfreesboro so we could eat at my favorite restaurant, Demos'! Man I love that place. During this whole pregnancy, all I could think about was a Demos' steak. I've wanted one so bad!! I was very happy to have my steak, spaghetti alfredo, bread and salad. I'm getting hungry again just thinking about it!

Here are a few pictures from our little vacation!

Me, Andrew and baby Stella Kramer


My boss's great lake house!


Just hanging out on the dock by the lake.


Eating at Big River Grille in Chattanooga with Andrew's mom, sister and brother.

Quick, let's take this picture before we all fry!

1 comment:

Karen said...

What fun! I am so glad you guys got to get away...and at a super nice place!!!

I agree...I think Stella is pretty precious too.:) Thank you guys for her sweet little dress and for stopping in to meet her. We love you both!!!