Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 7, 2008









Pictured above are some pictures of our first attempt at painting furniture. We found this little desk on craigslist. We put a gray primer coat on and then several coats of black. We could not find hardware to fit, so we just used metallic spraypaint on the handles. It looks really cute in our little kitchen. You can see the ugly paint color in the kitchen that we were covering up with the wythe blue paint. The new color didnt show up as good on my camera. But it looks much better in person! We replaced the hardware on the kitchen cabinets and removed the little railing above the cabinets. I had to put a picture of my new dining table and the light fixture that my dad and Andrew installed. I also have a cabinet to hold my china. This room doubles as my office too. The last picture is the guest bedroom. Andrew got to pick this out since it is also his studio. His mom painted the room Rockport Gray and added a black horizontal stripe all around. Some of the shelves on the bookcases are empty to leave room for all the seminary books. Andrew just spent several hundred dollars buying books for this semester. Fortunately, we have another bookshelf still in the box! We'll probably need it. I still haven't figured out what to do with the living room. Maybe by the time we move out of here, I'll have it just the way i want it. Haha. We still have lots to do, but it's coming together slowly but surely. We have already spent way too much money at Home Depot and Lowes.

These past couple of weeks have been a blur. We've had company 10 of the 17 days we've lived here! We've also been going to Fellowship Louisville. Everyone there has been so welcoming and so friendly. We've gotten to know several couples and have been invited to join a small group for the summer. Andrew has started playing bass in the worship band. He also just got a job at a country club working in the kitchen. We are very grateful that he found work. So we are staying busy!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I was so excited to see pics!!! I love the color and the desk and the table and I could go on and on and on!!! I know you guys must be tired but wow it looks so beautiful...can't wait to come for a visit!:):)

Thanks for the update...can't wait to see and hear more. AND...super congrats on Andrew's job and the small group...we are so happy for you guys!