Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 12, 2008

3 Weeks and Counting

Southern Seminary

As of yesterday we have been here in Louisville 3 weeks and are really growing to love this place. We have quickly settled into our new church here, going to a Bible study Tuesday night, and spending yesterday getting to know other couples from the body.

Fellowship Louisville is encouraging its members to get together and pray with people outside of their small groups, so yesterday we spent some time getting to know Charlie and Kari Sims. The Sims worked for Campus Crusade at U of L until recently. Charlie is now in the beginning stages of creating a college ministry for the church and Kari is a physical trainer. We hung out with them for a couple hours and spent some time in prayer. We love that the new church is encouraging its members to pray for the church and each other and love seeing it in action.

We also got to hang out with Andy and Caitlin Barlow until about 1 o'clock this morning. Andy leads worship at Fellowship (and was leading at Fellowship Murfreesboro when Kolby first came). The Barlows are awesome. We have really enjoyed getting to know them over the past few weeks. Andy and I sat down and pulled out the guitars last night and ended up writing a worship song that we're both really excited about. It's been a while since I had someone to write with, so last night was a lot of fun. We are looking forward to making more friends at our new church and spending more time with the ones we've already made.

I've been working for Hurstbourne Country Club for a little over a week now. We thank God for providing a job for me, even though it's not exactly my ideal. I'm cooking, mostly in the pool snack bar, which is basically a concession stand with more choices. It can be tough work, and I'm not used to working on my feet so much, but it pays the bills I guess.

I ordered all my books for school and they are starting to come in one by one. I'm trying to wrap up a few of my other books I've been reading and get started on the ones for class. I've already started into my 3" thick Systematic Theology book. I loved to read growing up, but hated to by high school because of book reports and required reading. I am finding myself rediscovering that passion now that I have something worth reading, and an abundance of it! Pray that I can focus and get through all my books because it's more than I've read in the last decade combined!

No comments: