Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 1, 2008

Counting Up and Counting Down

Our beautiful new city

Days in Louisville: 42
Days at new job: 30
Days until Seminary starts: 17 (18 for me b/c I don't have Monday classes)
Days until the college football season starts: 27

We've been busy lately. I'm leading worship at Fellowship for the second week in a row (crazy I know!). We've spent just about every free moment this week hanging out with friends from our new church. Sunday we experienced Skyline Chili for the first time. Then after prayer night at Fellowship the guys went to see the new Batman movie and Kolby went with the girls to the house of one of the pastors and his wife.

Monday we painted the guest bathroom using the leftover paint from the guest bedroom.

Tuesday night is usually Community Group night, but since the Barlows are out of town we invited the rest of the group over to hang out. We love showing off our new place!

Wednesday afternoon we had a visit from Kevin and Virginia Moore. It was good to see some old 'Boro friends and spend a few minutes with them. I think Ginny is still not used to the fact that we live in Louisville (now if only we could convince them to move here, it would be great). Then Wednesday evening we were invited to Greg and Jenn Taylor's for dinner. We hung out with the Taylors and Brandon and Ashley Smith came over after dinner for some cards.

Thursday night is worship band practice. It was a small group, just Todd Pellowe, Josh Perkins, and me. Todd and Josh are both photographers, so I get to enjoy their work and take notes. I showed them some of the pictures I've been working on and tried to get some pointers. After worship band practice we had dinner with Todd and his wife Emily. We kept them up far past their bedtimes, but we had a great time.

Today we got our Seminary IDs and paid for Kolby's Seminary Wives Institute classes. Then we went downtown to find an antique store to try and get a new advertiser for her magazine. We tried out the Mexican restaurant around the corner from us, but it's just not Camino...

I'm looking forward to school starting in a few weeks. I've been busy reading already and have almost finished my Story of Christianity book. I've got a few thousand more pages ahead, but I'm ready to go! In the meantime I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to cram college football into my already busy schedule. Let the countdown begin!

2 comments:

laurie said...

Sounds like you are really settling in and finding some sweet friends to hang with...I'm so excited for ya'll. That skyline pic is beautiful!!

Ginny said...

Wow, you're right, it sure is a beautiful city!!!!! :) It was so good to see you guys a couple weeks ago!