Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 25, 2010

Adventures in Africa and Rome!

Andrew and I had the opportunity to travel to North Africa and Rome a few weeks ago. While we were in Africa, it was awesome to see how the Lord is at work there. I often find myself putting God in a box, and it's always amazing when he reveals to me that he's so much bigger than I can even imagine. It's hard to even put into words some of the things we experienced. On our way back from Africa, we stopped in Rome for about a day and half. Even though we just had a short time in Rome, we were able to see lots of sites! We visited the Vatican and saw the Sistine Chapel along with St. Peter's Basilica. We were able to visit the Colosseum, Roman Forum, Circus Maximus, St. Pauls Basilica, the Spanish Steps (in the pouring rain), Trevi Fountain and some others. Here are tons of pictures from our adventure! I have tons more but tried to narrow it down. :)

Andrew and our friend Kamal.

Andrew and I at Sidi Bou Said..a beautiful area on the Mediterranean. Everything was painted blue and white in the whole area. I loved these blue doors!




In the mountains on our way to a village.

Kamal's mom making us yummy bread.


In front of a castle on the Mediterranean.



Great rock formations.


A city we stopped at. I had to go to the bathroom..oh the joys of being pregnant..haha. :)


Some chicken, french fries and not too sure about the other stuff.


Cow head anyone?? Yummy!

He's just missing his camel!

A roadside bbq place we ate at!


Here are pics from Rome. This is inside the Vatican.


Andrew and some Roman heads.

Me with the silly-looking guards.

Behind us is St. Peter's Basilica.

Our favorite little gelato place. We ate there both nights!
The Colosseum

This is Paul's tomb. Constantine supposedly had his body moved from a swampy area to this place where they built a church on top of his tomb.
Andrew pretending to race his chariot at the Circus Maximus.

Trevi Fountain

Dinner our last night there.

The belly is growing! Of course the Italian gelato
and food might have contributed to that as well. :)

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Oh wow, Kolby! What a trip! I can't wait to hear all the details. Let's get together soon. I've missed you!!!

Karen said...

Thanks Kolbster! Keep checking for your updates too:)

We'll post as soon as there is news!