Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sweet BABY GIRL!!

On Tuesday of this week Andrew and I went in for the 20 week ultrasound and got to see adorable pictures of our BABY GIRL!! My mom was able to be there for it as well, and it was very special to have her here. I must admit that I had already made up my mind that it was a boy. Andrew had felt the same way too, and we had picked a few boys names that we really liked. So when the ultrasound tech announced that we were having a girl, I think we were in shock! But we are so excited to have this blessing in our life and now, I think we are getting used to the idea of a daughter.

While my mom was here, we did lots of shopping and running around and couldn't resist buying things for our baby girl. We even picked out bedding and some decor for her room. If you know me very well, you know that pink is not my favorite color. So we're going with an adorable green and brown theme and I just love it!! I really wasnt planning on getting all this done for the nursery, but it's coming together so well. I know that Andrew and I will both have a really busy fall so it's nice to have all this taken care of. Here are some pictures of our girl and her cute room!






Waving to the world!


She may be sucking her thumb or just putting her hand in front of her face. So cute!


My sweet mom who spent the week helping me get the room ready!

5 months!


One of my dearest friends Jensey stopped in Louisville with her husband Nate. We were able to grab a quick lunch together. I have known Jensey since kindergarten and she is still such a wonderful friend. She and her husband are currently living in Orlando and are awesome wedding photographers, but they will be moving to Nashville soon, so it will be great to have them so close!


Our little girl's brown and green room!
(The white circle on the wall is a reflection from the mirror.)




4 comments:

Ginny said...

YAY BABY GIRL!!! :) I love the room, OWLS! Too cute! I thought you weren't going to paint? It looks adorable, are those decals? Well, your baby girl looks so precious, waving and sucking her thumb, can't wait to meet her in just 4 short months! :)

Kolby said...

I'm really happy with how the room is coming out! The only thing we did was paint over the black stripe that was there. We kept the original color. We found the tree and animal decals at Target and I couldnt resist. I love the owl! Your new little boy with have someone very close to his age to play with!

Ginny said...

Yes, that's true, I hope they are really good friends! I LOVE the room and adore the decals! Maybe you have a future Chi Omega on your hands!?!! :)

Karen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I wish that we were there to celebrate with you guys!! Most of all, praise God that everything appears healthy...girls sure are fun (well, so are boys:)! I can't wait to meet this sweet little girl. And I love her room! It is so cute! Who did the painting or are those all decals?!? If so, that is so cool. We are just so excited for you and Drew!! Love you both!