Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Waiting on Kinley

It's been an emotional past few weeks for my family. In early November, doctors discovered that my brother had a benign tumor growing behind his ear and pushing into his brain. He had lost partial hearing in one ear a while ago and it had really been causing him problems. He visited an ENT doctor who decided to have an MRI done. We are so grateful that they did because they found the tumor. It's a rare thing and we praise the Lord they found it. It was a bit of a shock to all of us. It's been a long month as we've awaited the day of the surgery. The earliest they could do surgery to remove it was November 30. After undergoing two surgeries and a week in the neuro ICU unit, my brother was finally able to go home. It was emotionally draining on all of us as it's so hard to see someone you love so much undergo such a serious operation. The whole time, we were just praying that Kinley would wait since my parents needed to be with my brother in Memphis. It was hard for me to be away during this time. I felt so helpless up here in Louisville. The Lord protected my brother during these very serious operations. We praise God for how he guided the neurosurgeon and the other team of doctors as they carefully removed the tumor. We pray that my brother will have a fast recovery and will be able to get lots of rest. My brother did lose total hearing in one hear but we are just so happy that they were able to get the tumor out.

I'm very grateful that Kinley waited for my brother to make it through these surgeries, but now I'm really ready to meet her. She seems to just want to stay put now. I reached the 40 week mark this past Tuesday and had an appointment that same day. The doc told me that the 7th was my actual due date even though they've been saying the 9th all along. We had an ultrasound done and our little girl doesn't appear to be so little. :) She seems quite fat and happy in her home. It was an emotional appointment for me as we decided what to do for the next step. We decided to start the induction process Thursday night. They will put my on a drug to help thin me out and then will start pitocin at 6 am Friday. So by Friday, we should have our baby girl in our arms. I keep praying that she will just come now and I wont have to worry about this induction thing!

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Oh wow, I didn't know you were being induced! We will certainly be praying for you and little Kinley to remain safe during the whole process. I was induced both times and was totally safe, so don't be too worried!!! :) Love you friend! I can't wait to come to the hospital to meet her!!!!!

Karen said...

sheesh! Come on already! Murfreesboro is waiting to see this chunkey Monkey!!!:):)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

We love you guys tons and are praying for your recovery Kolby...Andrew, be good to her:)