Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 9, 2008

Inside the Condo and my heart








This is my first post. I figured I would type in blue. I decided to put up a couple pictures of the inside of our condo. After years of apartment living, I can't wait to start painting. If anyone has some good paint colors, just let me know.

I still can't believe we are really moving. Andrew is up in Louisville already looking for jobs. As I sit in this apartment surrounded by boxes, it all seems so surreal to me. I went to my last FSM Sunday night. I'm really going to miss that. For the past two years, our schedules have been planned around FSM. Those kids have been a huge part of our lives and we love them so much. I will miss my girls in my small group the most. I always looked forward to our weekly meetings. I will miss their laughter, their funny comments, and their genuine love. The Lord has blessed us with amazing friends here in Murfreesboro. Our Community Group was made up of wonderful couples who will be dearly missed. I'm so torn between the excitement and chaos of the move and the sadness I feel to be leaving our friends and the life I've known for six years. Fellowship Bible Church has been such a crucial part of my walk with the Lord. I plan on listening to all the sermons online so I can still hear Jeff and Monty's sermons. I'm not ready to give those up yet.

This past year, Andrew and I have both felt the Lord pulling us to a new direction. We just didn't know where. Now that we actually have the direction (at least for the next 3 years) it all seems to be happening so fast. If it was based on my plan, I would stay in Murfreesboro until the end of the summer. I'm sure God chuckles at all my plans. I'm so proud of my husband for truly listening to the Lord and trusting in him. Sometimes my faith seems so small, especially when it comes to change. I know the Lord will continue to work on my heart as we move to a new location and leave our comfort zone. If only I could take all our friends with us, it would be perfect. :)

1 comment:

Karen said...

oh Kolbster...thanks for sharing your heart!! I look forward to continuing our friendship as you begin this HUGE step of faith. You and Andrew are dear to us and distance won't change that!

I love the condo and I love you. I do wish I was closer to help you paint:):):) I was thinking (scary I know) let's do something just the two of us one night since Drew is gone and D can watch Ems...give me a night!

Love You!!